Since not everyone in your family is likely to crave turkey at Thanksgiving a nice alternative is to make a boneless pork roast. You could make this as well as your turkey and everyone will be happy! This is a very easy step by step way to wow your guests with a delicious and moist herbed pork roast.
Herb Pork Roast Ingredients:
- 4 -5lb pork loin roast
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ lb bacon
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon rosemary chopped fine
- Sea salt
- Lawry’s seasoned pepper
- 2/3 cup dried bread crumbs
Herb Pork Roast Recipe
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees
- Chop bacon into small pieces
- In a frying pan cook bacon over medium heat until the fat has been rendered, but bacon is not crisp.
- Drain bacon on paper towel and pour off all but ¼ cup of fat from pan
- Add thyme, marjoram, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add garlic bread crumbs and bacon. Cook for another 2 minutes. Let cool.
- Put Roast in roasting pan with fat side up. Cover the top of the roast with the bread crumb mixture and pat well.
- Roast for 10 minutes at 450 degrees then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees
Roast for ten minutes at 450 degrees then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees. Continue roasting until the roast reaches 160 degrees. Allow your Roast to rest for at least 15 minutes before carving.
Serve on a platter with springs of rosemary and a side of cinnamon applesauce and watch everything disappear!