This is not your everyday traditional antipasto salad, but it is easy and very tasty. I love having this for lunch or for dinner after eating a heavy late lunch. Pretty easy and fast to make especially if you have everything on hand. You can also make your own variations to add things that you like better and subtract things that might now be your favorite.
Ingredients For Antipasto Salad:
- Sliced salami
- Sliced ham
- Sliced provolone cheese
- 1 jar whole artichoke hearts
- 1 can black olives
- Small red onion sliced
- ½ cup pepperoncinis
- Sliced tomatoes
- Romaine lettuce
- Salt & pepper
Make your Antipasto Salad:
- Prepare all ingredients
- Wash the lettuce and dry
- Put the lettuce in a big salad bowl
- Line cheese, tomatoes, and meat in layers on top of lettuce.
- Place artichoke hearts, and pepperoncinis all around the inside rim of the bowl.
- Throw the olives and red onion slices all over the salad.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Antipasto Salad Dressing:
Blend the following ingredients together and use for your dressing. The dressing is better when made the day before and chilled overnight.
- 1/3 cup tarragon wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2/3 cup of salad oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
This is a very healthy and nutritional meal. Again many variations can be used such as adding croûtons, or different types of cheeses. Maybe you like to add some vegetables like carrots, cauliflower, cucumbers, celery or even mushrooms. I also like to use a simple balsamic vinegar and olive oil mixture. Enjoy.